Jacqueline Moore Bowles Scholarship Fund
This is an undergraduate scholarship program available to high-achieving college students with financial need seeking a degree from a U.S.A. accredited four-year college and/or university. The award can cover the student’s educational expenses – including tuition, living expenses, books and required fees. The award(s) will vary based the amount of funding available.
The scholarship will include:
- Up to $2,500 per year to attend a four-year accredited undergraduate college or university
- Field of Study – Communications
The JMB Scholars are selected based on exceptional academic ability and achievement, financial need, communications degree, service to others, and leadership.
Through the partnership with the United Negro College Fund, an application review includes analysis of grades, student essays, letters of recommendation, and family finances. Each year 2 student(s) will be selected into the program (based on the amount of funding available).
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
At a minimum, applicants must:
- Enrolled as a sophomore or junior in an accredited four-year college
- Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.0 or above
- Demonstrate unmet financial need
- Communications – field of study